Thursday, July 10, 2008

World Destruction - 01 Released!

It seems a lot of people had trouble using the subs since they were not used to soft-subs. I recommend you guys use CCCP and the included Media Player Classic to view it. If the subs don't show automatically, just go to File -> Load Subtitles. Some of you may see double subtitles, in this case just rename the included .ass file and load it manually.

The making of the subtitles took quite a bit surprisingly. I knew how to time and sub episodes but this is my first time going all the way and finishing an episode. I liked World Destruction after watching the RAW and noticed that no one has released it after 2-3 days. So I subbed it from 1am to 4am lol.

The actual subbing/timing really only took about an hour and a half but I had to take another hour and a half to listen to some of the lines and translate them. I chose the name GoodBadSubs to hopefully make it obvious that it isn't the best possible sub.

During translation there were 2-3 "uhh...." moments where I used the "Oh well, its a speedsub" card to take the easy way out :P Nothing major though. My Japanese is pretty much self-taught entirely through the internet, anime, and the magic of e-books for reading Kanji(Thanks BitTorrent!). Though translating the first 7 seconds of the episode still took about 20 minutes since I had to run a search for 原素 which apparently means "Chemical Element" but I took it to mean an elementary unit in the sub itself.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about getting the subs to work; ask away.

The episode can be obtained from:
Animesuki
DaTorrents

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Well first of all thanks for subbing, so far you're the only one (at least the only one I know) and this is great.

If your Japanese is self-taught I guess it's only natural that it is not perfect, it's already impressive to learn Japanse by oneself.

I just wanted to mention that both the links you give are dead and result in a 404 error.

Hyouma said...

thanks for subbinh; we ganna sub it to arabic =) please can we use your subtitle? we'll credit you as a timer and ENG-TLer =) ; and please translate the songs (w`kanji lyrics) please :) thank you!

sakrash said...

Hey, lol sorry. We, Osu! Subs, were supposed to sub it. But there's been a problem with the karaoke, since staff wanted the karaoke first before releasing. If ever you want to help us out instead, just contact me here:

sakrash@live.com

Bettuska said...

Hi!

Thanks for the fast translation! I like your sub. I can't speak japanese, and an english sub is a big help for me to understand the story :)
I translate(d) some anime from english to hungarian, so I know how difficult it could be sometimes, thus I respect all translators! :)
I'd be glad if I got your permission to use your translation ^^
Gambatte!

LegendsEnd said...

Thanks for noticing that slip-up vincent!

Unknown said...

Sure ^_^

I just finished watching the episode, this is good stuff and good work. Thans again!

Unknown said...

Hey, I've noticed that you release your subs in .mp4 + an external .ass file

I would be glad to encode your episodes into an .mkv (it's fine if you don't need one). But i don't know if that defeats the purpose of a speed sub, since it takes me about an hour or 2 to encode into an .mkv

I encode your episodes into an .mkv before releasing it @ AniKat (I am an admin there) so other people can view it easier

Also, thanks for your speed subs :)
They are great for a person who self taught


~Yoshiness [EE]~

Nikola Gocić said...

Nice sub, thank you! :) Will you continue subbing World Destruction till the end of the show?

LegendsEnd said...

I'll try to.

lmm said...

Jason: Are you sure you're doing it right? There's no need to reencode, you just need to mux the files together into an mkv, which should only take about 30 seconds.

Unknown said...

lol srry, i encode in .avi, not .mov

yea, that works too

the reason i re-encode the episode into an .avi is to make it into one video (avi) file with subtitles, not mkv, to add to my mp3 player (i do this on mkv's for posting things youtube and such)

Yumi Kirei said...

Just wanted to say thank you for subbing the anime. ^_^

lmm said...

Jason: Fair enough, but the version on AniKat is an mkv with softsubs, but with noticeably poor quality video, as if it had been reencoded.