Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Game Over - Continue? 9, 8, 7...

Well now that a few weeks has passed, it seems that some groups have started subbing World Destruction. The RAW for episode 3 was released today but I wonder if there's a need for me to sub it.

I doubt I could offer a higher quality than an entire team with editors and Quality Checkers, so the only thing I have going for me is speed. But if that's all there is to it, I cannot guarantee that I'll have the time to sub it every week faster than everyone.

I realize that in the end; the decision is up to me. As it stands, I'd prefer to save three hours a week and just get in more beauty sleep ;) I'd be interested in hearing some comments on this. If a release for episode 3 does not appear tomorrow, I may speed sub it tomorrow night but I'm not sure about further episodes. I guess the major factor is that it feels like a waste of time when there are other groups doing it, though I'm not sure on the quality of them. I hear that Mayu's releases have OP/ED lyrics though, how accurate I do not know.

8 comments:

AshenSnow said...

Hello, I dl and watch dozen of animes. I typically search out the ones with better quality translations and pictures.

But I notice you release your subs way ahead of everyone else, generally I don't mind waiting a day or two. But the others...seem quite slow. And I really like this series. I came here first to yours, hoping you had #3 up. But I read your post...if you don't want to wait three hours, understandable =].

But since I've already been going with yours, and your faster. I'll be dling yours first, if you continue to release them anyways.

-AshenSnow Thanks for your subbing of World Destruction!

AshenSnow said...

Sorry I meant waist* three hours, lol. Also I didn't mean to imply your translation weren't as good. I honestly don't know anything about that, though yours compared to others seemed close enough anyways.

So I like yours =].

Kazehiro said...

Hi! You're more faster than the other's, and your subs are just perfect.

I really think you should continue.

And i am really looking foward to them.

So hell yeah, keep going with your perfect releases.

But if you are not going to continue well, all i can say is thanks, for the episodes 1 and 2.

Unknown said...

Nooooooooooooo...Please dont drop it. I enjoy watching from you

Ootzuchi Kotzuchi said...

OK..first..i agree with everyone. i believe u shouldn't drop this project.

Your sub is faster than any others. Plus translation wise.. it still help everyone understand the story.So Good or bad translation is not the matters.
"GoodBadSub" as the meanings already stated there. i think no one's able to complain about it.

Thx for past ep 1&2
Just hope you continue. =)

Photon Foxstar said...

You're the only person I download episodes for World Destruction from. The other groups are fairly slow and all and I usually prefer fast releases.

I say keep up the work -- if you don't mind, that is.

heavenly_demon said...

Usually i don't watch speedsubs, but the quality of yours is just so good, that I'm making an exception.

TheQuyen said...

No no, don't stop. I know the other fansubs have better quality and certain features than yours but your releases are fast and that's what most people want - FAST! If you've watched lots of anime, you must know how it feels to wait patiently and hopeless for the next episode of a series to be released, right? So please, continue subbing this...plz..