Tuesday, July 15, 2008

World Destruction 02 Released!

Well another three hour rush here. Feeling sleepy so I'll keep this news post short.

Didn't mux the files into an .mkv still since people seemed interested in using my subs for language conversions. I think I did a pretty good job subbing this episode.

I'm not sure how many more weeks I'll be doing this but I'm surprised more groups havn't picked this show up. I'll probably continue until one of the big name groups do it.

I've also been busy with a new online MMORPG that seems to have been designed for kids. I'm a sucker for games utilizing cards though so I don't mind. You should all check it out, your account will probably be activated in a day if you sign up: www.wizard101.com

The raw I use is the mp4 version from Zero-Raws. If you want to help me seed or D/L faster, go to their irc channel and get it from a bot. Then just get the sub file from my torrent. You can also help seed by renaming the video file into the one in the torrent and it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, it's getting late here! Good night everyone.

You can find the torrent at the moment of this post on: www.datorrents.com

Edit: Now that I'm awake, there are a few things to address. There is one spot where I messed up but it's not too big of a deal, you'll probably notice it at 17:27 into the video. It's my fault for subbing at 4 in the morning :P You can fix this by editing the .ass file with notepad yourself and switch the "they" to "we". And while you're at it, you can chop off the first half of the sentence and keep the part with the word "indirect".

I also noticed 1-2 grammatical things now that I'm glancing through, like a missing question mark at one point and the use of 'chose' instead of 'choose'. If a lot of you demand it, I can do these changes myself and reupload the .ass, but the subs are still watchable regardless.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously, thanks for doing this anime. I watched the first ep and it was a good quality sub. One of the main reasons why I picked this up was because Miyano and Sakamoto are in it (we love them in Ouran Koukou Host Club, don't we?)

So, thanks again.

lmm said...

Please do release a corrected version; I've found the grammar bad enough to put me off watching this series thus far.

tipsytoto said...

hey bro, if u need a hand with typesetting or basic encoding, let me know. I have prior fansubbing experience. I translate for some groups and I found your simplicity and accuracy refreshing. A tweak here and there can make a world of difference.

LegendsEnd said...

Hey tipsytoto, thanks for the offer. I realize a major complaint seems to be the simplicity of the subs (As seen on anidb) but I'm glad you appreciate it.

Since I do have a semi-good understanding of Japanese, I always get annoyed when I watch subs where they alter the meaning to give the subs more 'flourish'.

As for your offer, I'm not sure how long I'll be continuing to sub, as I'm expecting to stop when a group gets the translations perfect for WD and I can safely archive those for watching :P So I'll have to wait a bit on your offer and see.

tipsytoto said...

sounds good man. I think some group called Mayu-subs is doing it as well, though I have no idea about how good their quality is. Maybe they are archive worthy.

Nikola Gocić said...

I have a problem running episode 2. During intro, the sound starts chopping for a while and after that, the picture and the sound are out of synch. Even when I fast-forwarded it, I noticed that synch is out of control - the sound runs ok, but the picture runs slower. This happens when I'm playing it with subtitles; after I remove them, the problem is gone. It didn't happen with the first episode. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance! :)

Ootzuchi Kotzuchi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ootzuchi Kotzuchi said...

ngboo u might want to try it with other player, i have no problem with my MPC. Or maybe try the beta version of subs frm LegendsEnd which he juz released.

Nikola Gocić said...

I tried with MPC, Zoom Player and VLC (in which it works the worst of all players). I use CCCP codec pack, and this is the first time something like this happens. :( When I rewind a bit, the synch is OK for a while, and then, again...